14/02/2013

Hidden Agenda

Today I'll be reviewing the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. This was one of the products I was most excited about receiving from America.


The packaging is a sleek plastic case with magnetic closure. I really like that you can see the product through the packaging.


The palette contains two concealer shades (one lighter and one darker), a green-toned neutralizer for redness and a translucent powder. The idea is to mix the two concealers to achieve your ideal shade. The neutralizer works well to eliminate redness. I use it underneath foundation and/or concealer. I find the powder to be a bit too powdery. When I dip my brush into the pan, it kicks up a lot of excess powder. I also notice that it is not completely translucent and leaves a slight white cast to the skin.

lighter concealer shade, darker concealer shade, neutralizer, powder
The texture of the concealers is very nice and creamy. I find it easier to apply using my fingers as their warmth makes the concealers more malleable. Despite their creamy consistency, when put over dry or flaky skin, it makes it more obvious. They work well under the eyes and don't crease or cake and are not drying. Their staying power is quite good especially when topped with a powder, whether it be the one provided in the palette or another. I think though that the palette would be better off without the powder, and instead have a peachy toned neutralizer for darkness. That would have made this the ultimate concealer palette!

Overall I really like this palette and I can get my perfect shade from mixing the concealers together. Also I use the lighter shade under my eyes to provide a brightened and highlighted effect. I think the quality of the concealers is good and that it is a very multi-purpose product!

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try this but I haven't been able to get my hands on it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You can't even buy it online which is a shame, that's why it was one of the first on my America wishlist, haha.

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a good concealer for ages. Thanks for the great review.
    Want to follow each other?
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice product! I really like your blog and I followed! :)

      Delete
  3. Great review :D
    I love how you can mix the colors on this palette. I've been meaning to try this for a long time and the staying power sounds really awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it's really handy for when you get tanner or paler!

      Delete