19/12/2013

Haul | HK & Vietnam

Hello all! Today I will be sharing the haulage from my trip overseas to Hong Kong and Vietnam. This is only the beauty stuff, not the fashion or other miscellaneous things. If you guys would like to see what I bought fashion wise let me know! Anyways if you remember seeing my wishlist, I got everything on it (the HK portion) and a whole lot more! 

I actually only made one trip to Sasa (it was Sasa Supreme and it was HUGE) despite the fact that there is legit one or two on every street. So lets get into the bits! First up - makeup!

I knew that I wanted to pick up another Asian BB cream while I was over there but I actually hadn't done much research at all, so I decided to wing it! There are actually SO many BB creams available and I was definitely overwhelmed with choice! I ended up buying two BB items from Heroine Make. I've heard pretty good things about the brand in general and they were very well priced. Both of them were around $10 each. I got the Mineral BB Loose Powder and the Lasting Mineral BB cream. They had testers out and I got both in the shade 2 (the darkest there). Both are quite yellow which I was happy to see. Despite how much I love my Skin79 BB cream, its grey tone can often make me look pale. I also grabbed the Heroine Make Long and Curl mascara which was on my wishlist. I probably won't open this for a while though as I try to stick to only two open mascaras at a time, they would probably dry out before I got to properly wear them! This was also around $10.

I stumbled across the Maxfactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush and was compelled to get it, haha. This shade, Soft Pink, has been raved about so much by the likes of Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup and Amelia from Liana Beauty. I'm not sure whether this is coming to Aus anytime soon, I'm sure it will eventually, but I decided to grab it while I had the chance. This was also $10.

When I was in Sasa, the only Biore sunscreen they had was the Bright Face Milk, while I was after the normal one. I decided to pick it up, despite not knowing anything about it. The Perfect Face Milk was also sold out in a Bonjour that I popped into. With the abundance of Sasas and Bonjours around I definitely could have found it but, hey, effort. Haha, I actually ended up finding it in a Convenience store in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City and picked it up there for near half the price! It was about $5 while in Hong Kong it was around $10. Still not sure what the difference between these is (the SA in Sasa wasn't much help) but I'm yet to try them and will review them accordingly!

I saw a stand for the Hada Labo Hyaluronic Toner (not exactly sure what this is called, there isn't a speck of english on there!) and decided to get it because of what I've heard and the glaring #1! on it. I also really wanted to try a cleansing oil, which are much more widely available in Asia, but again, due to my lack of research (damn you past Tasha!) I was completely unsure of which to get. I ended up getting the Hada Labo one because..it's a good brand? There was also a Maybelline and Neutrogena one but I was really taking a stab in the dark to be honest. Both of these were kind of expensive ($15 - $18) but pretty middle of the range in the store.

I grabbed the Nexcare Acne Dressings, just 'cause. Haha, they seem so intriguing! And they were only around $5.

Most of the reason I grabbed all of my stuff in one go was because of the Gift With Purchase they were offering. It really wasn't a very good gift...but hey free stuff. You had to spend 600 HKD which I did (I actually spent like, 700 HKD which is $100...sshh). The gift was a Baylis & Harding Body wash - I got the scent Wild rose and Raspberry. It's a pretty huge ass bottle and I did lug it all the way home - but no worry because we ended up being so under the limit that we managed to fit our small suitcase inside the big suitcase.
The backings of stuff - I got rid of the plastic
And! There was a MUJI! Actually a few MUJIs which I was super excited about! It has just recently opened in Melbourne but I reckon it'll take a while to get to Brisbane. I wanted to grab one little thing because I love the look of MUJI so much. I already store pretty much all my makeup in the Officeworks Keji four drawer set which I know a lot of people use, but it's getting pretty full up in there so I wanted to buy something for, I don't know, my daily makeup or something (I really just wanted something from MUJI). So I got the Narrow 2 drawer Acrylic Box with flip top lid. The flip top and normal were the same price - like $17 which is actually SO expensive but watevs (cos that's the right attitude...) lawl.

So that's what I bought! There really wasn't any beauty shopping to be done in Vietnam, Hong Kong is pretty much as good as it's gonna get. On a whole, Vietnam was actually a lot more expensive than I thought it would be and I actually didn't buy too much from there altogether. I actually think I was pretty restrained (as restrained as a beauty junkie can be) but I really didn't need any eyeshadows or lip products so I'm sorta glad I skipped on a few things I was tempted by. Let's hope I don't regret them!

Have you tried any of the products I bought? Do you like them?

12 comments:

  1. I am in amidst of finalising my sasa order! haha I have tried the hyaluronic toner (be mindful it's not the usual western toner) and I have that oil cleanser in my cart :P
    And don't you love the feeling of ticking stuff off your wishlist?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to experiment haha, I've tried the oil a couple times now and so far so good but it's the first I've tried. Aaah so satisfying - haha!

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! I love SASA, there is just so much to choose from. I love asian BB creams too :) I love fashion, so I would love to see what you got !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stock SO many brands! I'll try and take the photos for that post then - I'm not entirely sure how I'll go though, we'll see!

      Delete
  3. YOU LUCKY GIRL! Muji must have been exciting- did you have a look at their makeup bags and the stupidly cute range of pots that Youtubers are always waving around? I hope there's a Sasa at HK airport when we stopover on the weekend, I want to see if they've got Clio and Kate and more Hada Labo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muji was sooo good! I wish one would come here - it's huge and they sell so much! They even have a makeup section! The HK airport is HUGE but I don't think there's a sasa there :( Only the usual higher end beauty brands for duty free.

      Delete
  4. Ah yay for getting everything on your list! Excited to hear reviews, Asian products are so overlooked in the community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty hard to get a hold of! And it doesn't help that the packaging is in a foreign language haha. I'm excited to try them though!

      Delete
  5. What, you lugged the Muji back home?! I was thinking of doing the same for my Europe trip but that was just not gonna happen with the state of my suitcase :p I'm pretty sure we already have the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush, I think Zoe Foster championed the Soft Copper shade ages ago and I was tempted but the RRP so pricey even 50% off is more than I want to pay for it. I really want to try Hada Labo prods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Like I said we had HEAPS of space left over in the end. Hmm, $10 is a lot for a tiny little blush but I just threw it in my basket haha.

      Delete
  6. Awesome stuff! I'm the biggest fan of Kiss me Heroine make up...my HG mascara is from them. At first the formula is overly wet so do rub the extra off onto the rim of the tube until it's a bit drier! Hope all the powders and bb creams work out well! I haven't tried any bb products from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard anything about their BB products either but I decided to give them a shot! Lets hope they're good!

      Delete