23/12/2013

Skincare Routine | The Extras

Today I have the final installment of my little skincare 'series'. I have also posted my Morning routine and Nighttime routine. In this post I will be talking about all the little extra products that I don't necessarily use daily, but are vital in my skincare routine!

First up is makeup removal!

I don't wear makeup everyday and depending on how heavy my makeup is will determine what product I use. Sometimes my cleanser is enough if I'm wearing light makeup.

Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Solution
Here is everyone's favourite makeup remover! While I really like this product - it removes makeup whilst feeling just like water - it's very expensive. Also, it doesn't remove waterproof mascara or eyeliner well. I find it most effective for face makeup as it doesn't leave my face feeling dry. I have a full review here.

Beauty Care Co Green Tea Facial Wipes
Facial wipes are not wholly recommended in the beauty community which I agree with, to a point. I don't recommend using solely these to 'wash' your face, but I use them to remove my makeup before going in with a proper cleanser. These are very cheap ($2 for 30) but I also find them quite effective. Bearing in mind I haven't tried any of the more upmarket kinds (let's be real, I would never pay $7 for wipes), I find these wipes to be rather soft but a little on the dry side. They still remove makeup as well as the bioderma (not waterproof mascara).

I actually forgot to photograph what I use for waterproof eye makeup but in my last favourites I mentioned olive oil which has been surprisingly effective. It does leave an oily residue but this can be somewhat decreased by diluting it with water.

I've also been trying out the Hada Labo Cleansing Oil, so far so good! I'll have a full review up soon.

Garnier Pure 3in1 Wash + Scrub + Mask
I use a manual scrub for my face about twice a week. I find that this is a really nice consistency. It is still rather gentle and has sort of a paste consistency. It's like a cream filled with granules that aren't too small or too large but really feel like they are polishing away dead skin cells. My skin does look and feel better after use, and with the inclusion of salicylic acid I find it helps with acne. It's also effective as a mask.


I've already done a post of the clarifying masks I like to use which is here so I won't bore you with the nitty gritty. I like to use a clarifying mask twice a week to really cleanse my face and get rid of a week's worth of yucky. I also like to use them the night before any special ish event as they help my skin look much better! While my favourite is the Origins Clear Improvement (review here), I have grown more fond of the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.

Origins Drink Up Intensive
I don't use this mask on any sort of regular basis but I use it whenever my skin is feeling particularly dry or needing a bit of a pamper or boost. It's essentially and uber moisturising cream which they call an overnight mask. I wake up with my skin looking plump and hydrated! I don't own the full size (this little tub is courtesy to Cherie - thank you!) but one day definitely do intend to purchase!

So that's pretty much everything you need to know about my skincare routine! I'm very happy with it currently but my new found obsession with skincare has resulted in an extremely long wishlist.

What are your favourite skincare products?

5 comments:

  1. The Queen Helene mask is so refreshing! Unfortunately that Garnier scrub broke me out a long time ago, but good thing you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yerp besides the fact that it reminds me of toothpaste - I enjoy the mintiness! Mmm that sucks that your skin is so sensitive!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I like using a facial wipe to remove makeup after I get home - I never use it purely to wash/clean my face as I use a proper cleanser in the shower for that, but it's good just to get most of the gunk off ASAP. I also use the Origins overnight mask almost interchangeably as a night cream - I just really love the fruity scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I love the feeling of a fresh, makeup free face! Yes - the smell is just so delicious!

      Delete
  3. It's awesome for sensitive skin! Origins masks are so well received in the beauty blogosphere! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete