04/09/2014

Honey Hydrate

Oh yes, the famed Nuxe Reve de Miel, often touted as "the best lip balm ever", has been gracing my lips for the past few weeks and I'm here to report my thoughts. Do keep reading, because it's not the average rave review...




















































































































Packaged in a weighty, frosted glass jar, it definitely has a luxurious feel to it, and it should considering it costs $20 a pop! It does contain 15g of product, and it's a balm I've reserved for the bedside table.

I wouldn't actually call it a 'balm', but more so a very thick paste. Because it doesn't really have an oily, balmy consistency, it has a semi-matte finish, that in thin layers, sits really well beneath lipsticks - especially those of the matte variety. It has a very pleasant scent and one that I quite enjoy. It smells like honey and lemons! Onto the claims, "this concentrated formula helps nourish, repair, soothe and protect lips" with ingredients like honey, shea butter and other oils. It's even been tested in conditions of the extreme Canadian cold, so it must be pretty hardcore right? Well, it is very thick, and doesn't absorb immediately into the lips, to the point where you can still feel it the morning after. I wouldn't say that the hydrating elements are instantaneous but I do think this is a very nourishing lip balm, that produces soft and hydrated lips. 

HOWEVER, (yes there is a big however) I have one gripe with it, one very unusual gripe. Every morning after using this the night before, without fail, my lips will have some sort of sticky/thick layer sitting on top. It becomes very apparent especially after I wet my face to wash it. It's so thick that it needs to be scrubbed off and when it is, it balls up in  a weird, almost dead-skin-mixed-with-lip-balm consistency. TMI? Whatevs, but it's the truth peeps, without fail. It's not that my lips are chapped, but almost like the balm has penetrated so deeply into the skin that my lips...shed their skin? Either that or the lip balm has almost set over the lips in a weirdly thick film, which is probably the more logical reasoning. Idek people, IDEK. I've literally never heard anyone talk about this odd sensation so I was completely caught off guard. It's actually a very annoying phenomena.

So as you may know, there has been a shiteload of hype about this lip balm and I've actually never come across anyone who didn't love it. Well I have now, and that someone is me. Don't get me wrong, I like it, and I think it's effective but really nothing groundbreaking. My lips feel the same? They're pretty much in the same condition as with every other lip balm, so for the hype and the high cost, I'm just not feeling the love. SO, there it is, Nuxe Reve de Miel left me a little lot underwhelmed.

I'm sure you guys love this product, have you ever had the same weird experience with it as me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment