16/10/2014

A Sumptuous Cleanse

Cleansing balms have really had their moment in the spotlight lately. It all started with the Emma Hardie one, and slowly, but surely, quite a few other brands have jumped on the bandwagon with their own versions. One of which is The Body Shop. Their Camomile Sumptious Cleansing Butter has also been doing the rounds, keep reading for my thoughts!























































































































































It is packaged in a rather shallow screw top tin containing 90mL or 76g of product - which actually isn't that much! Might explain why I'm speeding through it at such a rate...I've actually hit pan on it already after using it for around 3 months on a not-so-regular basis. 

It claims to gently remove all types of makeup and leave skin feeling clean and soft. The texture itself is quite butter-like. It melts into the hands into a sort of oily texture. It's not quite an oil as it definitely feels dry in a way? It almost feels a bit silicone-y? Hard to explain, but it does remove makeup very well. When massaged over the skin, it eliminates both face and eye makeup, including waterproof products. I generally double cleanse with this product, first to remove the makeup and them to actually cleanse the face, rinsing with warm water and a face cloth. I actually would not agree that it leaves skin feeling "petal soft", in fact it actually leaves my skin feeling dry. Usually with oil type products, my skin is left moisturised, however this does not have the same effect. It doesn't leave the skin feeling dry or stripped by any means though. 

The butter does have a bit of a scent, which I actually really like. It's soft, fresh and clean, inoffensive however it may irritate sensitive skins. I doubt it though since it is marketed toward all skin types. One of the ingredients I was actually quite wary of, and was one of the things that put me off buying it initially was Shea Butter. Shea Butter is supposedly an irritant for acne-prone skin, clogging pores or something but after reading barely any bad reviews, I decided to pick it up. I have not experienced any irritation with my skin, nor an increase in acne. My skin has been really lovely! And besides, I have other products like moisturisers that contain Shea Butter and they don't bother my skin, so don't be put off by it!

Overall, a really lovely product that works well as both a cleanser and makeup remover. Honestly, it feels like a drier cleansing oil in a balm form. While I do really like it, and find it does an amazing job, I'm not so sure I would repurchase (immediately, at least), just because it does leave my skin feeling slightly dry after use. It retails for a new, lower price of AUD$21.95 here so do check it out!

Have you tried the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment