20/10/2014

The Makeup Addict Tag

I don't know if you can believe it, but this post is my 200th! Crazy times. Even though I've been blogging for almost two years now, it's hard to believe I've written that many posts! Pretty proud if I'm honest, haha! I thought it fitting to do the Makeup Addict Tag to celebrate my addiction, and the source of all my blog ramblings. I was tagged by the lovely Daphne - thanks so much! 

Cluttered like my soul.

























1. Which product do you still keep buying more of despite having plenty in your collection?
Hmm...Everything? Haha, probably lip products. I just can't get enough of 'em! Whether it be glosses, crayons, lacquers or the conventional sticks. See? There are so many! How could I possibly stop buying them.

2. What's the one product you can't live without?
A bit dramatic, but one thing that is definitely a staple is concealer. I don't even like a full coverage face in general, I like a light coverage with select concealing. I have quite a bit of redness/acne/acne scarring so I do need a good concealer. I also need lip balm in my life, but I'm counting that as skincare, kay?

3. Favourite makeup brand?
I honestly don't think I have a favourite makeup brand. I don't own enough from one single brand to really say it's my favourite all around. A few notable brands do come to mind though. theBalm has amazing cheek products and eyeshadows (all I've tried really). In terms of drugstore, Bourjois do some amazing bases, powders and lippies, and Maybelline are pretty great all around from my experience.

4. How big is your makeup collection?
In comparison to other beauty bloggers and vloggers, I'd say my collection is pretty conservative. However, in comparison to your average 17-year-old joe, it's pretty exorbitant. I have way more than I need, and hardly use any of it even regularly - BUT I do have a good excuse. Technically there is a no makeup rule at my school, so I wear minimal makeup daily, but next year when I'm at Uni, hopefully my daily makeup will be a bit more exciting.

5. And how do you store it?
I store the bulk of my collection in an acrylic set of drawers (Keji four drawer set from Officeworks), where it is snug (yep it's pretty damn full at the moment). Lip products that aren't lipsticks are stored in glasses, tubes/pencils in a mug and 'daily' makeup in a smaller MUJI two drawer acrylic set.

6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment?
None? Like I said, I'm still at school (not for much longer though!) so I actually don't have a handbag per se. I carry around my Hurraw Vanilla Bean lip balm with me in my pencil case? When I do go out, I tend to only take the lip product I'm wearing that day, and empty out my bag when I get back so everything's in its right place! (I'm so anal with my makeup collection).

7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?
Damn, how about everyone's? I'm creepy nosey about makeup. Whenever I'm at a friend's place I'm snooping out their makeup collection, or rummaging through their makeup bags. I'd really love a free for all of Anna, Lily, Estee or Amelia's collections, since they're my biggest enablers anyway! But also Jodi from Gooroo Beauty, her collection is insane.

8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use?
My usual makeup routine for school is quite minimal and I've documented it here, an old post but I still use pretty much the same stuff. It usually takes me about 10-15 minutes depending on what base I'm using and if I'm wearing mascara or eyeliner that day.

9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?
Nope. Considering my collection is already superfluous, I wouldn't like to add to it with something I knowingly wouldn't use! Especially because I'm such a stinge, and would much rather buy something that I've been wanting for ages and know that I'll get my use out of it.

10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do the tag!
I tag Cherie, Kat, Angela, Ash and Yige if you guys haven't already, as well as anyone who would like to do this tag!

I really loved doing this tag, and I certainly love reading other people's answers to it (like I said, I'm nosey!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment