01/12/2014

Monthly Favourites // November 2014

I'm back from New Zealand chickas - just in time for my November favourites too! I had a really amazing time, and don't worry peeps, I will have a couple of posts about my trip up soon! But anyway, here we are at the last month of the year. Christmas is well and truly upon us (oop, still need to put the tree up) and then BAM it's a new year. I feel like I say this every month...so I'll stop. On with the faves!


























Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing Overnight Treatment*
I've been pretty happy with this product this past month! Read my review to learn more about it but it works very similarly to the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo which you guys know is a holy grail of mine! It's essentially a serum type product that helps clear and prevent breakouts. My skin has been pretty well behaved and I'm sure I can attribute some of that to this product!

Sleek Contour Kit in Light
I don't mention this product a tonne, mainly because I tend to use others over it. I took it with me to NZ and I must say, it's been a rediscovery! I've been loving the bronzer mainly. The shade is pretty amazing, it's not too dark, it's matte and it has a warmth yet it's not too red or orange. It works extremely well in warming up the face while giving slight contour and dimension! The powder itself isn't overly pigmented and blends well! I should really give this guy more love :P

MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul
This is really a classic shade in the beauty community, and I finally see what all the fuss is about! It's truly beautiful. Warm Soul is a golden/peach/bronze shade that looks natural and really goes with any look, giving the cheeks warmth, colour and in general a very polished look! The formula is super lovely too and gives off a slight glow.

Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes in Lots o' Latte
I also took this to NZ and it served me well indeed. The convenient crayon form came in handy for slap dash application and while it's pigmented, it's not overly so meaning it was easy to just draw on, blend and be out the door. It's very hard to overdo it! The shade is a really pretty light bronzey-taupe that is the perfect one shadow shade.

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Blackened Black
I've already declared my love for this liner in my haul post, but I do think it's reached holy grail status. This stuff LASTS on the tightline like no other. It's creamy and pigmented, a deep black shade. Not only does it not smudge down on the lower lashline like pretty much every other eyeliner I've used, but it also stays on the tightline, barely fading throughout the day! Pretty impressive stuff!

This guy is a constant favourite of mine, but I took it on my trip to NZ as pretty much my only powder brush. It does it all! Powder, bronzer, blush, highlighter... I especially love it for bronzer though. The tapered tip helps get a slightly more precise and "contour-like" placement, while the sides of the brush blend it out softly.

So that concludes what may be my last monthly favourites of 2014! :O I'm undecided on whether I'll do one in December, since I'll be doing a yearly favourites. We'll see if I find anything outstanding during December then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment