25/06/2015

A Sweet Gift from the UK.

Today I bring you a bit of a mini haul sent all the way from Wales! It's a bit of a long story BUT, my friend met a lovely gal who lives in Wales over Tumblr (and their mutual adoration of Little Mix) and she very kindly offered to send over a few makeup bits! I kind of butted into this dealio because I was sort of very desperate to get my hands on a couple of things and I'm absolutely blown away by her kindness as she sent over all of these products as a gift! So thank you very much Lia! My friend and I have got a bit of a gift pack in the works featuring some Australian products to send off to her!





Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
This was one of the products I asked for as I reaaally wanted to try it! You can get it on eBay but it's kind of expensive. This came in perfect time as I'd pretty much finished up my previous translucent powder and I've used it a couple of times and already love it! It gets a lot of raves on the interwebs and so far it is living up to them! Sets and mattifies without being cakey or too matte or dry looking, plus it's truly translucent.

Maybelline Colorsensational Shine Gloss in Glorious Grapefruit
Do you remember when all the UK gals were raving about these?! Y'all know I'm a sucker for a good non-sticky gloss, and these sounded amazing. We do have a range of Maybelline glosses here in Australia but they're packaged differently and I think they have different shades - not sure if the formula is the same though! So far I'm really liking this and the pigmentation is pretty great! Not a fan of the smell though - smells like children's liquid Panadol??? Not necessarily the fondest of memories...

No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define in Coffee Bean
I've been curious to try eye shadow sticks/crayons for a while, this one seemed to be a cheaper alternative to By Terry, Laura Mercier, etc - especially because Alix from I Covet Thee really loves them! I went for Coffee Bean because I don't have a cream shadow this colour, but figured my collection could do with it! It's a deep warm brown with a bit of golden shimmer that's not too noticeable. These swatch SO NICELY. It's super creamy and pigmented and sets down to a budge proof finish - I legit did the dishes with warm soapy water and it still didn't come off. I've tried it on my eyes once but need to experiment with it a bit more!

Those were the products I asked for but Lia very kindly threw in a couple of extra goodies!

No7 Stay Perfect Smoothing Eye Shadow in Bronze
This is basically a cream eyeshadow with more of a mousse consistency. It comes with a doe foot applicator and applies really well. The shade is very much similar to Maybelline Bad to the Bronze - that bronzey-taupe shade with a hit of purple? Very pretty! This looks lovely on its own or even over the top of Coffee Bean

Seventeen Stay Pout lipstick in Rule Breaker
This is Lia's favourite shade from the line and she sent it over because it's a great Autumn shade - how considerate of her!! The colour is a really pretty deep red with a bit of maroon thrown in - quite similar to Rimmel 107. It's super pigmented and has a bit of a satin finish? It's definitely not matte. I haven't tried it on the lips yet but I'm excited to wear it as I definitely love these shades in the cooler weather!

L-R: Maybelline Glorious Grapefruit, Seventeen Rule Breaker, No7 Coffee Bean, No7 Bronze

So, a massive thank you to Lia again (I doubt she's reading this though haha :P) and I'm so excited to get stuck into the UK goodies! I can definitely see a few of these products becoming favourites!

What are your must-have products from the UK?